The Visual Designer is a dynamic UI/UX designer who will be responsible for building seamless and accessible end-end user experiences. This role will collaborate cross-functionally with account managers, creatives, developers, social and digital teams to lead all phases of the UI/UX design process, including but not limited to project kickoffs, site maps, wireframing and high-fidelity and interactive protype design for web, email and digital channels. The Visual Designer will lead design decisions informed by research, brand position and business objectives.
Additionally, this role will support the creative team with graphic design work across social, digital, and traditional platforms. This will include video creation and video editing. The Visual Designer will think strategically and actively contribute innovation solutions during concepting, as well as own a project from start to finish, ensuring delivery of exceptional work on time and on budget. Proven experience through strong portfolio of diverse campaign work, including UX/UI and motion design, is required.
- Stay on top of the marketing industry, trends, digital design and technology landscape by sharing insights to the team and proposing new ways to elevate our digital experience to our clients.
- Build and manage digital design systems, pattern libraries and guidelines in collaboration with the creative team that support brand consistency across the entire customer journey.
- Test elements such as CTAs, banners, page layouts, page designs, page flows, and target links for landing pages.
- Develop wireframes and prototypes around customer needs. Find creative ways to solve UX problems.
- Consistently innovate the design of web-based applications using elements and tools such as navigation menus, search boxes, tabs, and widgets for our digital assets.
- Support other branded channels such as illustrations, video and motion assets and animated gifs.
- Produce high-quality design solutions through wireframes, visual and graphic designs, flow diagrams, storyboards, site maps, and prototypes.
- Translate creative campaigns and assets into production-ready ads across different platforms (programmatic, digital, and landing pages) for A/B testing that drive results.
- Maintain ownership and responsibility including QA, throughout each project.
- Create videos for social and online platforms (Premiere Pro/After Effects).
- Skillfully manage multiple, diverse projects, be responsive to real-time demands and meet deadlines with tight turnarounds.
- Develops relevant and unique concepts that support our business objectives, align with creative strategy and strengthen our clients’ brands.
- Creates digital, animated, video and print executions based on targeted objectives.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Follow established processes and procedures, including workflow between teams and external clients.
- We all like nice people. It’s critical you stay calm and cool under pressure.
- 5+ years experience and portfolio encompassing visual design with proficiency across web, email, app and digital, demonstrating best practices in responsive and interactive design.
- 5+ years working cross functionally with teams such as accounts, developers, digital, social, and project management.
- Advanced proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), Figma
- Demonstrated design skills in media other than UX/UI, including video.
- Be passionate, optimistic, proactive, constructive, self-motivated, organized, friendly, willing to work on anything and help others.
- Be able to make valuable contributions to brainstorming sessions and discussions, providing insights and a point of view.
- Treat others with respect, listening to other perspectives, especially when they’re different from your own.
- Be flexible and enjoy interacting, presenting and workshopping with clients and internal teams.
Reports to: Creative Director
About Curious Jane
Curious Jane is the Ad Agency for FranchisesTM. We serve national, local and franchise development clients across the U.S. and Canada. Curious Jane is a mid-sized ad agency that has been helping franchise businesses for over eighteen years. Curious Jane is a woman-owned business based in sunny Lakeland, Florida. As seriously as we take our work, we have a lot of fun together along the way. Just check out our Facebook or Instagram profiles for a glimpse of our vibrant team and culture.
All Curious Jane employees are expected to conform to the following Core Values, regardless of position:
- Expect Excellence by making customers priority #1, meeting deadlines, and always presenting a positive and collaborative approach to our work.
- Carry the Ball by taking ownership of goals and tasks while seeing every project to completion. Anticipate and identify problems and solutions, follow through and communicate clearly and efficiently. Every employee is empowered.
- Commit to Growth by developing professionally and evolving with the company and the times. Be innovative and seize opportunities while helping clients grow their businesses and contribute to their bottom line. Plan for the future.