About Curious Jane
Recognized by Franchise Business Review as one of the best places to work two years in a row, Curious Jane is a mid-sized, niche, full-service franchise marketing agency. For over 18 years, we’ve served clients in the franchise space, with our mission being, “We help franchises grow and entrepreneurs succeed.” We are one of the fasting-growing franchise marketing agencies in the country. We are experts in national franchise marketing, franchise development and local franchise marketing. Our office is in Lakeland, Florida (between Tampa and Orlando). Most weeks, this position would be two days in the office and three days remote.
About the Job
As an Account Executive, you’ll work as the point of contact between Curious Jane and its local clients, strengthening relationships, managing media budgets and working with local franchisees (mostly the owners of franchises). You will provide media strategy and customer support, helping them with media planning and marketing.
On a day-to-day basis, you’ll:
- Help local franchisee clients decide where to place their local dollars (digital, social, audio, etc.). You’ll help them plan, budget and execute local plans.
- Work with a number of retail client franchisee owners at the same time, often juggling various projects and deadlines.
- Communicate with franchisees about their local store marketing, often changing messaging monthly on both digital and radio commercials.
- Have a strong understanding of multiplatform strategies that include digital, social, web and mass media.
- Participate in strategy meetings and phone calls to help clients meet their goals and explain to them our recommendations.
- Drive projects and processes with multiple departments.
- Keep meticulous documentation of client requests, project updates, etc.
- Be a team player, sharing ideas and being open to the ideas of others.
- Provide weekly client updates and summaries via email and/or reports.
- Develop and monitor project timelines.
- Notify leadership team of any potential problems with projects or accounts and strategize solutions.
- Schedule, lead and drive internal agency and external client meetings.
- Place graphic design and copy orders, as needed.
- Ensure all creative has been edited and approved by internal staff and by client.
Occasionally, you may also:
- Be a part of new business pitches, recommendations and pricing.
- Travel to meet clients or to do media recommendation pitches.
We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds. What’s most important to us is that you share our agency’s core values and demonstrate the following characteristics:
- You love working with customers and have strong communication skills.
- You’re exceptionally detailed and organized.
- You expect excellence by making customers priority No. 1, meeting deadlines and always presenting a positive and collaborative approach to our work.
- You carry the ball by taking ownership of goals and tasks while seeing every project to completion. You anticipate and identify problems and solutions, follow through and communicate clearly and efficiently.
- You commit to growth by developing professionally and evolving with the company and the times. You’re innovative and seize opportunities while helping clients grow their businesses and contribute to their bottom line.
- You have the ability to challenge others’ ideas and have your own ideas challenged while maintaining positive and collaborative relationships with your peers.
- You can manage your time effectively to get things done, often under tight deadlines.
Strong candidates will have:
- A bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 years’ experience in marketing, media or advertising
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and be very organized
- Experience speaking and presenting to clients, mostly virtual but sometimes in person
Bonus points if you have:
- Advertising agency or franchise marketing experience
Salary & Benefits
- Benefits include health care, vision, dental, life insurance, disability, 401(k) with company match, open vacation policy, high-end equipment and a day off and $100 check on your birthday (!) … not to mention competitive pay and top-notch co-workers.