The role of the account executive is to work as the point of contact between Curious Jane and its clients, strengthening relationships, and working with different departments within the agency. The account executive develops and maintains favorable relationships with new and existing clients in order to increase revenue and ensures that organizational goods or services consistently meet client needs. They provide high-level strategy and customer support for high-end clients and report on sales activities and create sales quotations for customers. They work to resolve any issues or concerns and ensure customer satisfaction. They are responsible for reviewing accounts, selling new business to existing accounts and converting accounts to a higher level of managed care. They help train and guide new account executives.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with a number of client accounts at the same time, often juggling various projects and deadlines
- Manage client relationships and day-to-day communication with clients and internal staff
- Manage client budgets and ensuring that the client’s dollars are being spent efficiently
- Develop client relationships beyond email through phone calls and in-person meetings
- Discussing ideas and advertising strategies with clients and assisting them in developing campaigns
- Have a strong understanding of multiplatform strategies that include digital, social, web and mass media
- Participate in strategy meetings to help clients meet their goals
- Offer proactive solutions and innovative ideas to clients
- Work with project managers to ensure that projects are being delivered on-time and on-budget.
- Keep meticulous documentation of client requests, project updates, etc.
- Communicate clearly and consistently with clients, Sr. Director of Client Services and other staff
- Be a team player, sharing ideas and being open to the ideas of others
- Provide weekly client updates and summaries via email and/or reports
- Develop and monitor project timelines
- Notify leadership team of any potential problems with projects or accounts and strategize solutions
- Schedule, lead and drive internal agency and external client meetings
- Place design and copy orders as needed
- Ensure all creative has been edited and approved by internal staff and then by client
- Track, audit and complete monthly invoicing
- Provide monthly retainer agreement reports, digital reports, etc. to clients
- Coordinate printing and other projects with external vendors
- Help train and guide new Account Executives
- Provide high-level strategy and customer support for high-end clients
- College degree in business administration, advertising, marketing or relative field
- Exceptionally strong customer service skills both in person and on the phone
- Exceptionally strong presentation skills
- Exceptionally strong writing and communication skills
- Excellent understanding of advertising methods and techniques
- Great ability to manage budgets on behalf of clients
- Outstanding negotiation skills
- The ability to cope with pressure and keep tight deadlines
- Computer savvy with proficiency in various business platforms such as Microsoft Office Suite
- At least 3 years of experience as an advertising Account Executive or in a related position
- Exhibited strengths in customer service, communication, organization, accountability and leadership
Reports directly to the Sr Director of National Accounts
Work Requirements & Conditions
- Ability to remain seated for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, busy environment with frequent disruptions.
- The position requires some lifting and filing of documents.
- Sensitive records will routinely be handled and/or observed in this position.
- Occasional attendance after normal working hours will be required.
About Curious Jane
Curious Jane is the Ad Agency for FranchisesTM. We serve national, local and franchise development clients across the U.S. and Canada. Curious Jane is a mid-sized ad agency that has been helping franchise businesses for over eighteen years. Curious Jane is a woman-owned business based in sunny Lakeland, Florida. As seriously as we take our work, we have a lot of fun together along the way. Just check out our Facebook or Instagram profiles for a glimpse of our vibrant team and culture.
All Curious Jane employees are expected to conform to the following Core Values, regardless of position:
- Expect Excellence by making customers priority #1, meeting deadlines, and always presenting a positive and collaborative approach to our work.
- Carry the Ball by taking ownership of goals and tasks while seeing every project to completion. Anticipate and identify problems and solutions, follow through and communicate clearly and efficiently. Every employee is empowered.
- Commit to Growth by developing professionally and evolving with the company and the times. Be innovative and seize opportunities while helping clients grow their businesses and contribute to their bottom line. Plan for the future.