The Associate Creative Director – Copywriter is responsible for leading the development and execution of our client’s brand strategies and content. The ACD-Copy works in close partnership with the Creative Director, both being responsible for shepherding creative output of multiple brands, producing and overseeing work that meets our clients’ business objectives.
We are looking for an exceptionally talented ACD (with a copywriting background) with a portfolio showing innovative, breakthrough campaign development with a high level of craft across all media, including video, social, web and digital platforms. Beyond crafting compelling, persuasive copy, the ACD-Copy will be responsible for high level, conceptual thinking and will be a key leader in brainstorming and ideation.
This experienced writer will collaborate with members of the creative team, account managers, project management, other agency teams and clients, as needed. This role will be client facing at times and will require excellent presentation and communication skills. The ACD-Copy will co-lead creative concepting of large-scale campaigns, as well as the strategy, content, copywriting, proofreading and editing needs of the agency.
Creative/Hands-on Work (75%)
- Ideate breakthrough creative concepts and strategies for campaigns in collaboration with Creative Director and team.
- Be extremely creative and lead the charge with unusual, out-of-the-box ideas and concepts. You’re not afraid to think big.
- Co-lead and contribute to creative development in new business opportunities.
- Curate and create exceptional, strategic copy for brand audiences.
- Demonstrate strong strategic thinking and have a definite point of view; be a problem-solver and arbitrator.
- Write highly engaging, targeted content for digital, social, radio, commercial, email and print.
- Lead campaign development, from concept to execution, and assume responsibility for alignment with brand objectives and the target audience.
- Strong demonstrated experience in UX/UI and email marketing writing is a plus.
- Write SEO-optimized content.
- Be agile, adaptable and unflappable, effectively managing multiple projects for various brands at a high pace.
Management and Leadership (25%)
- Creative leader for all brands in partnership with CD.
- Works closely with creative team to ensure projects are on time and on budget.
- Collaborate with project management to maximize productivity and balance workloads.
- Advises project management on which writers are best suited for each project based on ability and capacity.
- Represent the content and /or creative team in internal as well as client-facing meetings.
- Perform internal reviews of projects, providing constructive, clear feedback.
- Works with CD to address workflow and quality issues.
- Maintains excellent client and colleague relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, advertising, marketing, business administration or creative writing.
- 5+ years working cross functionally with teams such as accounts, digital, social and project management.
- Experience guiding small teams in omni-channel creative: brand development, strategy, lead generation, new/emerging platforms and technologies.
- Advanced proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft systems.
- Ability to adapt to Associated Press Stylebook guidelines or style guidelines provided by the client.
- Track record of operating independently, providing creative leadership, being detail-oriented and delivery results in a highly organized manner.
- Be passionate, optimistic, proactive, constructive, self-motivated, organized, friendly, willing to work on anything and help others.
- Treat others with respect, listening to other perspectives, especially when they’re different from your own.
- Be flexible and enjoy interacting, presenting and workshopping with clients and internal teams.
- Be committed to this role as a full-time, long-term career.
Reports to: Creative Director
About Curious Jane
Curious Jane is the Ad Agency for FranchisesTM. We serve national, local and franchise development clients across the U.S. and Canada. Curious Jane is a mid-sized ad agency that has been helping franchise businesses for over eighteen years. Curious Jane is a woman-owned business based in sunny Lakeland, Florida. As seriously as we take our work, we have a lot of fun together along the way. Just check out our Facebook or Instagram profiles for a glimpse of our vibrant team and culture.
All Curious Jane employees are expected to conform to the following Core Values, regardless of position:
- Expect Excellence by making customers priority #1, meeting deadlines, and always presenting a positive and collaborative approach to our work.
- Carry the Ball by taking ownership of goals and tasks while seeing every project to completion. Anticipate and identify problems and solutions, follow through and communicate clearly and efficiently. Every employee is empowered.
- Commit to Growth by developing professionally and evolving with the company and the times. Be innovative and seize opportunities while helping clients grow their businesses and contribute to their bottom line. Plan for the future.